Your brand is everything when it comes to business. A logo is the most recognizable symbol of your company and its name. Because of this, it is essential that you protect your logo design. A trademark is one of the best ways to protect your logo design. It gives you legal protection so that no one can use your logo design or name except for you.
To help you learn more about the benefits of trademark registration and why it is the best way to protect your logo design, continue reading.
Protect Your Logo Design With Trademark Registration
The first and most important step to protecting your logo design with trademark registration is to file the application with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The USPTO is the governmental agency that oversees trademarks, and they have set application filing requirements. Before you can register your logo with the USPTO, you first have to submit an application and pay a fee.
If your logo design is simple enough and doesn’t have too many details in it, then you may be able to register your logo using the “simplified” application. However, if you’ve included too many elements in your logo design, or if it’s a particularly complex logo design, then you may need to apply via the “regular” application.
Trademark Registration Benefits
Below are just a few of the many benefits you’ll receive from trademark registration.
- Legal Protection: Your Trademark Will Protect Your Logo Design From Being Used By Others.
- Easier Enforcement: The USPTO Will Have Full Records Of The Application Process And Can Quickly Issue A Cease And Desist Order.
- Enhanced Consumer Confidence: The Public Is Aware Of The Trademark And May Rely More On Your Business.
- Higher Business Profits: Trademark Registration Will Allow You To Charge A Fee To Use Your Trademark.
- More Business Opportunities: With An established Trademark, You Can Apply For Government Grants And Business Opportunities.
How To Register A Trademark
Ready to protect your logo design with international trademark registration? If so, you can start the process right away.
- Choose A Trademark: The First Step In Trademark Registration Is To Choose A Trademark.
- File An Application: Once You Have Chosen A Trademark, You Must File An Application.
- Pay A Registration Fee: The USPTO Will Accept Payments In The Form Of A Credit Card Or Pay-Per-Call Service.
- Pay An Annual Renewal Fee: Trademark Renewal Fees Are Due Annually.
- File Corrected Applications: If You Have Found Issues Within Your Trademark Application That You Can Correct, You Must File Corrected Applications.
- Complete An Annual Trademark Search: You Also Must Complete An Annual Trademark Search To Make Sure Your Trademark Is Properly Registered.
Protect your logo design with trademark registration today! The benefits are plentiful, and the process is straightforward. You’ll receive legal protection, be able to more easily enforce your trademark, receive enhanced consumer confidence, and more. Every year, thousands of companies file trademark applications with the USPTO. Protect your logo design with trademark registration now, and you’ll be one of the few that did. If you’re having trouble registering your trademark, this page can help.